- Additional Resources
- BOOK – Mighty Man of Valour
- BOOK – Patterns to Ponder
- BOOK – Radical Righteousness
- BOOK – When the Fire Fell
- BOOKLET – The Conservative Holiness Movement: A Historical Appraisal
- BOOKLET – Walking on Water
- BOOKLET – Why Standards?
- BOOKS: Christian Biography and History
- BOOKS: Christian Doctrine and Practice
- BOOKS: Sermon/Devotional Resources
- COMPLETE BOOK LIST
- John Foxe Actes and Monuments 1563 Leaf Book
- Resources on the History of the Holiness Movement
- The Christian’s Relationship to Government
- Of Scars and Stars
- Three Reasons for a Publishing Ministry
- Three Essential Truths
- The Bible: The Only Way Out of the Dark
- The Anvil of God’s Word
- His Appointment, His Agenda, and His Anointing
July 2, 2013
THE ANVIL OF GOD’S WORD
Last eve I paused beside a blacksmith’s door,
And heard the anvil ring the vesper chime;
Then looking in, I saw upon the floor,
Old hammers worn with beating years of time.
“How many anvils have you had,” said I,
“To wear and batter all these hammers so?”
“Just one,” said he, and then with twinkling eye,
“The anvil wears the hammers out, you know.”
“And so,” I thought, “the Anvil of God’s Word
For ages skeptic blows have beat upon,
Yet, through the noise of falling blows was heard.
The Anvil is unharmed, the hammers GONE.”
No Comments »
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.