- Additional Resources
- BOOK – Mighty Man of Valour
- BOOK – Patterns to Ponder
- BOOK – Radical Righteousness
- BOOK – When the Fire Fell
- BOOKLET – The Conservative Holiness Movement: A Historical Appraisal
- BOOKLET – Walking on Water
- BOOKLET – Why Standards?
- BOOKS: Christian Biography and History
- BOOKS: Christian Doctrine and Practice
- BOOKS: Sermon/Devotional Resources
- COMPLETE BOOK LIST
- John Foxe Actes and Monuments 1563 Leaf Book
- Resources on the History of the Holiness Movement
- The Christian’s Relationship to Government
- Of Scars and Stars
- Three Reasons for a Publishing Ministry
- Three Essential Truths
- The Bible: The Only Way Out of the Dark
- The Anvil of God’s Word
- His Appointment, His Agenda, and His Anointing
Several of the previous writings by Wallace Thornton, Jr. have addressed the history of God’s people from a primarily academic perspective, albeit with a goal of spiritual application. In this work, he approaches the history presented in God’s Word from a practical perspective, but with a continued commitment to sound scholarship.
The result is twenty-six expositions of Bible characters and narratives formed from their lives. These messages stem from over two decades of pulpit ministry and should minister to clergy and lay people with devotional encouragement, everyday application, and fresh ideas for sermons or lessons.
Chapter titles include the following: “Dealing with Delays,” “A Bad Reputation Ruined by a Good Decision,” “The Danger of Getting What You Want,” “The Essence of Discipleship,” “The Way to True Peace,” and “None of These Things Move Me”…plus 20 more.
No purchases on the Lord’s Day, please (Exodus 20:8-11).
Copyright © 2014 by Wallace Thornton, Jr. All Rights Reserved.